KEISUKE HONDA: Tapes on Pele, World Cup dreams and hunger for poverty


Whenever I wear my Japanese team shirt, I remember one of my promises - the World Cup. I have and will do everything, I must accomplish that goal.

This is my third World Cup and probably the last. So I want to play football with my friends. That will help create the best results for the team. The closer I got to the end of the career, the more I understood that the tournament was more meaningful than a football day.


It's a chance to bring sports together and watch the best matches we make. But at the same time it is also an opportunity for us to become better. The road with many players is obviously not easy. And their families are also experiencing difficult challenges.

It is always a good idea to keep in mind that this is a game - the sport we play for our sake. Football has given us so much and every kid deserves a chance to play here.