JACK WILSHERE - From a golden boy ...

"I can confirm that I will leave Arsenal after the contract expires in late June.

"After many discussions with club officials and most recently the new coach Unai Emery, I feel that I have no choice but to make better decisions for my football career.

As the media reported, I and my agent negotiated with the team for months. We look forward to a new contract to stay at Emirates Stadium.


"My intention after these negotiations is always to stay at Arsenal. I've been playing football for 17 years and always feel part of the club. My determination to stay may be evidenced by the fact that I have accepted a pay cut to commit the future to the team.

"But after the meeting with the new coach, I was informed that despite the new contract, my appearance will be reduced significantly.

"At this point in my career, I look forward to playing regularly in the first team. And after talking to Emery, I found that to do it at Arsenal would be very difficult.

"I will never really respond to all the emotions and beliefs that NHM placed on me. Hope you can celebrate the success of the team in the coming years.

"I respect Coach Emery and admire his candidness. I wish you, the players and Arsenal the best things in the future. "- Jack Wilshere

The future of the 26-year-old star is discussed throughout the 2017/18 season.

Wenger has often expressed his belief that Wilshere will soon agree to sign a new contract with Arsenal. Negotiations have also been held between the two sides.

And these talks worked out well when Wilshere was ready to meet Arsenal's demands. The British star was prepared to cut wages and stay on for Emirates Stadium.

Injured Wilshere did not play much and was out of the negotiating table. Arsenal also want to give Wilshere the opportunity to recover his fitness and style in the future.

But there was a surprise incident after the meeting between Wilshere and new coach Unai Emery recently. And Wilshere used Instagram social networking to post his departure.