ANDRES GUARDADO: COME BACK, MEXICO!


World Cup in Germany, I did not even kick a minute in the group stage. But then before the 16th round match against Argentina, we listened to the coach announcing the player's name in the starting lineup.

And then suddenly I heard him say: "Guardado".

I sat up straight. Sorry, what? Are there any mistakes? What is this?

"Dad, Dad, Daddy ... I'll be playing."

"Hey, stop it. I do not know what to do!

"You will not be kicking," Dad said. "If not in the group stage, how to play."

"Dad, I swear ..."

I remember when the launch saw the Juan Román Riquelme ... Javier Saviola ... Hernán Crespo on the opponent. On the bench is Lionel Messi. When the national anthems are celebrated, I look up at the stands. Who's singing? Is Diego Maradona.

What will happen here? Where are you? What should I do? I feel like living in a video game. Or like the way I live in my dream ...